Beard Animal Art Mural

Earlier this year, I was won a Grant through the city of Chicago DCASE program. I was honored and felt special and happy to win such a distinguishing achievement. Growing up in the streets of Chicago, sometimes I thank the angels for allowing me to express my art on walls.

My son Mario, went to Beard Elementary School and I thought it would be a great idea to use my grant funding to give back. And give back we did.

Mario designed and awesome vision for a mural at Beard. With my guidance and assistance and with the great help of Beard principal, Miss Manda Lukic, Mario, students, staff contributed to this great animal mural.

I finished the mural on time and I took great care to ensure I did not paint something unwanted on CPS property.

I want to thank Mario, Beard, Manda, CPS, DCASE and my great city of Chicago. My city supports the arts to the fullest and I am glad I was a part of this endeavor and I believe the mural we created will stay up on that wall, as long as the school stays up and the weather doesn't beat on it!









Comments

Popular Posts