Fine Art/Past and Present

The American Academy of Art offered me the skills, instructions and ability to create art that I thought I could never produce or draw and design. But I did master many art styles, mediums and history lessons while attending in the early 1990's. But throughout that time, I still produced portraits, busts and profiles pieces in Charcoal, Pastels, Ink, Marker, Acrylic and Pencil, and I still use those skills to help me push my art further.

Although, they did not use computer generated art or rely on desktop publishing at that school, their focus was more in learning traditional art to use in the advertising, marketing and publishing markets and computers as a tool to make a career and income and art was NOT thought back then or it was too early in the school's curriculum and the world's attention. The internet was still in sperm stage at this time in my art developments.









Comments

Popular Posts