WakesWorld


I got a text from a fellow crew member that was ugly. It read that local street artist, WAKE was killed. I am not going into the details of his murder but I will keep his memory alive in other ways. When OWEN hit me up that night I was feeling sad because I just had attended my aunts wake a few weeks ago and now death comes again. WAKE lived and died in the Northwest side of Chicago, a thriving and vibrant, diverse and rich community. That is also where my family and I live and it hurts that Chicago bleeds lives on a constant basis. So, OWEN and I decided to do something for his young man, especially since OWEN was close to WAKE and all his friends.

I painted a cool selfie I saw online of WAKE and OWEN painted a deep wild style lettering "WAKE" piece. I was challenged to paint his portrait and I took it for him, his crew, friends and those that kept his close to their hearts.

Rest In Peace WAKE. Kirino Fabian Jr. March 18th, 1997-August 16th, 2016.






Comments

Popular Posts