This I Believe

This I Believe


The history of Mexico has many attributes and one of them is the story of Quetzalcoatl—a man, a myth and a symbol of a serpent, either way, I consider him real. This figure is important to me and I use his image in a lot of my Aztec art. My Aztec art is not just symbols and images, but a chance to show off my talent and skills to my ancestor and the one they call, Quetzalcoatl.
I paint Aztec art as a way to communicate with my Ancestor and my culture, and I truly believe every time I finish an art piece that Quetzalcoatl is proud of me I can see him looking down on me and smiling.
On August 13th, 2019, I will dress just like Quetzalcoatl and walk from the shores of Veracruz, Mexico to Mexico City. My intention will be to recreate the return of Quetzalcoatl. The Aztecs wrongly thought the invading Conquistador, Hernando Cortes for Quetzalcoatl and they showered him with gifts and gold. Hernando Cortes was not the returning Quetzalcoatl, but 500 years after the facts, I will become Quetzalcoatl on August 13th, 2019. This I believe, and this will be my intention and I will stick with my plan.

Comments

Popular Posts