6 year old "Aliyah"

Last Saturday (3/17/12) afternoon a 6 year old named "Aliyah" got caught in the gang violence that plagues Chicago streets. This little girl lost her life and she will no longer draw, smile or hug anyone.

I was moved by the image of this little girl, so I decided to draw her portrait from a photo posted by the media. In just over 2 hours I was able to capture the image of this beautiful little girl.

I decided to deliver it to her home where hopefully it can grace her family wall. No one was home, so I left the image (framed and wrapped) on the front door. I hope they receive it and like it.

It is not common for me to do something like this, but I feel I will be drawing more children's faces this year!


 "Aliyah". Pencil on paper. 8"X11". 2012.

Comments

Popular Posts